Game-Type Fanficton is fanfiction written to be a game for the legend of zelda series.
Some characteristics of Game-Type Fanfiction are:
- The Character Link or Zelda
- Many dungeons/items incurred during quests
- a writing style that is to-the-point instead of flowery and poetic
- a finished product that could be mistaken for a walkthrough, game review, or game proposal
If you are still in doubt as to whether your fanfiction belongs to this category, here is an example:
First, an example of your run-of-the-mill, Plot-Based Fanfiction...
- It was a small thing, really, barely enough to be called a disturbance in the night, but Link noticed.
- Link noticed everything these days, whether he wanted to or not. He could hear the muffled voices of the
- kids next door every morning, before dawn, as they giggled and ran about after the wild Cuccos. He could
- hear the floorboards creak, and the spider living on the windowsill skittering about as it added even more
- complex designs to its web. He could hear every hollow footstep and thump as the local merchants carted
- their wares over the small footbridge into the center of town.
- Sometimes it seemed to him that he heard everything and everybody in town. And sometimes he swore he
- heard the whispers of something that wasn't part of Kakariko, that was barely even part of Hyrule.
- Something that was ancient and angry and that wanted his fear.
- But now, in this time before dawn, he lay awake, staring at the dark ceiling, not because of a half-
- heard voice, not because of a insomnia-ridden villager... not because of any noise at all. No, Link was
- awake, his fingers creeping towards his old, weather-beaten sword, because he could hear no noise at all...
Now, an example of your run-of-the-mill, Game-Type Fanfiction...
- It is very early in the morning in Kakariko Village. Link is lying on a bed, in his house. (The lived-in
- look of the room, and the worn remnants of OoT child-Link weapons hung on the walls/laying around the room
- give the impression that Link has lived here for a long while.) The room is square-shaped, and the bed is
- below a large window along the north-most wall. A small nightstand/table is a bit south and west of the bed.
- A boomerang and slingshot are hung on the east wall, along with a Deku Shield. A Hylian Shield is on the
- floor under the table. A few bottles are on the table, and so is a sword. Link looks to be around 19 years old,
- and is dressed in a loose off-white tunic, and light tan pants. There are a series of flashes of his life in the
- village. In all these flashes there is a background-noise of people talking and footsteps and various noises.
- There is a flash of the town during a normal night, still bustling and busy. All the images of the people fade
- away and an evil-sounding music begins to play. The noise suddenly stops. It is silent, and Link looks serious
- and worried, as his hand moves towards the sword on the nearby nightstand. The sword is the Kokori Sword.
Hopefully that helps to clear things up a bit!
Pages in category "Game-type Fanfics"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.